Cookie Consent



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year...........

Let's see if I can actually get this post saved!  I had one all written punched the wrong key and it wiped it all out!!!

Soooooooooooooo........................................

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and that your coming year brings you everything you need and a big serving of what you want!

I haven't posted since the middle of October.  I guess I got too busy with preparing for the holiday craft fairs and whosh!  here we are into January!

In one of my last posts I had displayed a picture of a toilet paper roll and asked what you thought I made with it.  Well, here is the answer: toilet paper roll mini-albums.  Here is an example, with a brief description, of how I assembled the album.  I hope it will inspire you to try new, unusual materials in your crafting.

 This album is made with three tp rolls.  Before assembling the album I painted the interior of the rolls (and over the ends) with a dark acrylic paint to give the album a finished look.  Make sure that you allow the paint to completely dry before proceeding so the sides don't stick together when you flatten the rolls.  Once the paint is dry flatten each roll using a bone folder or similar tool.
 Cover each roll with desired scrapbooking paper.  I used the same paper on all of the pages of this particular album. 
 Embellish pages making areas to display pictures and journal.  I also used stamped sentiments.  There are two journaling spots attached with the green brad.  The top journaling spot swings away to expose the second spot below.

I punched two holes for the binding and tied the three tp rolls together with a variety of sheer ribbons.

For the "pockets" created by the folded tp roll I made "tags" for additional pictures and journaling.   On one of the tags I attached a tri-fold piece of chardstock so that even more pictures and journaling could be included in this mini-album.  This album has space for 11 photos and four spaces for journaling. Sheer ribbon was tied through the holes of the tags to provide a "handle" to pull the tags out of the album.

I really love making these fun little albums.  Ideas for use of these albums:  for a baby shower, bridal shower, newly engaged couple, Halloween pictures, Christmas gift, or for your special Valentine. 

The paper, cardstock, stamps, ribbon and inks used in making this album are from Close To My Heart.
The corner punch is from Fiskars.

Please leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you and learn what unusual materials you use in making your creations.

Happy Scrappin'

Karen.

No comments :

Post a Comment