The blizzard has passed and today is sunny with crystal blue skies..............but cold. The thought of spring being right around the corner helps chase the chills away.
Today's card is a "get well soon" card I created using "Heavenly Blue" and black. It has a "spring" feeling to it with a very sweet bird design from Close To My Heart.
- White cardstock base 5 1/2 X 4/1/4 inches
- White cardstock cut to: 3 X 5 3/8 inches; 2 7/8 X 2 7/8 inches; 2 5/8 X 2 5/8 inches
- Close To My Heart Heavenly Blue Ink Pad
- Close To My Heart Black Ink Pad
- Heavenly blue cardstock - 3X3 inches - Close To My Heart
- Close To My Heart "Fabulous You Seasons & Nature" stamp set
- Get Well Soon LAD-80 stamp set from Gourmet rubber stamps
- Secret Garden Stamp Set by TPC Studio (I purchased this stamp at JoAnn's on sale. I checked for a wedsite for the company and nothing has been posted for over a year and I found nothing on JoAnn's website under this company name.)
- The floral postage sized stamp is also from the same company and I don't have the original packaging so can't tell you the name of the set. There are over 17 stamps in the set.
- 6 inches - White lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon - Ribbon Club
- 30 inches - Diamond Satin Mineral Ice Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon - Ribbon Club
- small paper doily - JoAnn's
- Cuddlebug "Birds and Swirls" embossing folder
- Sparkles - blue/green assortment - Close To My Heart
- Opaques - Licorice - Close To My Heart
- "Threading Water" edge punch by Fiskers
- Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge exclusive product from Close To My Heart
- Foam mounting squares - small
- Elmer's Glue dots - medium
- Punch the front edge of the card using the Threading Water edge punch by Fiskers.
- Rub the Heavenly Blue ink pad across the flat surface of the "Birds and Twirls" embossing folder - cover well.
- Place 3 X 5 3/8 inch cardstock in folder and emboss. This will create the blue background.
- Cut a 4 inch length off the paper doily leaving enough of the doily to wrap around embossed cardstock. Adhere using adhesive of choice. (I used Elmer's dot tape runner).
- Add the white lace to the front edge of the embossed piece. Again I used the Elmer's dot tape runner and ran a thin edge of tape along the edge and to adhere the ends to the back.
- Brush and pounce Heavenly Blue stamp pad over the 2 5/8 X 2 5/8 cardstock. Leave some of the white showing through.
- Stamp the "Fabulous You..." stamp over the blue using the black ink.
- Smooth edges of the small pieces of the cardstock to ensure the edges are smooth. I use the sanding block from Close To My Heart sanding kit.
- Layer the stamped image on the white and then blue cardstock, as shown.
- Adhere the layers to the embossed piece at a slight angle.
- Add the Licorice Opaques as shown.
- Using black ink stamp the small floral image on white cardstock and cut out.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the card base.
- Adhere the small floral image using the mounting foam
- Add blue Sparkles
- Fold the blue satin ribbon in two and tie a bow. Pull the bow apart to show all of the loops. Trim the ends.
- Adhere the bow to the card using glue dots.
- Cut a 2 inch scalloped square using the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge
- Ink edges with Heavenly Blue ink
- Stamp the Get Well Soon sentiment on the square
- Adhere the square to the inside of the card.
- Cover the sentiment and stamp with the flower from the Secret Garden stamp set with black ink.. (I hadn't decided how I was going to apply the stamp so stamped it after I had adhered the sentiment. You could do the stamp first and then adhere the sentiment - which would be easier ;-) )
WHEW! That's how I created this beautiful card.
I hope this gives you some ideas, resources and inspiration to create your own monochromatic card for whatever occasion you want.
Please leave a comment or question so I know you stopped by. Thanks!
Take Care of YOU!