Cookie Consent



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby Shower Thank You...........................

Hi everyone.............

Here is what I have been working on this week: 2 orders for baby thank you cards.  One for a friend and the other for my niece.  It has been so fun making these cards.


The cards are 3X4".  I used a variety of Close To My Heart printed papers for the backgrounds.  It might be hard to see in the picture but the larger white piece was embossed with the cuttlebug dotted swiss folder.  The "water" coming from the elephant trunk are pink bitty sparkles from WalMart.  The "balls" on the giraffe "horns" are Close To My Heart bronze bitty brads.  The stamps are from the Close To My Heart "It's A Zoo" set.  The pink grosgrain ribbon is from WalMart. 

The coordinating envelopes were cut with the Close To My Heart exclusive Art Philosophy cricut cartridge.


This is the box I made for my friend's order.  It holds 25 cards and evelopes.  The sides were plain with blush ink brushed on the edges.  You can see the lace around the top of the box in the first picture.  The lace peeks out from under the cover when on.  The box cover is again brushed with blush ink.  A cuttlebug embossed layer covers the top.  The flower was cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge, The "leaf" layer is inked with Sweet Leaf ink and the flower petals are inked with varing intensities of Blush ink.  The flower sections were then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Clear and pink bitty sparkles alternate around the flower.  The bow is attached to look like it extends around the box but is attached to the inside of the cover.


I hope you are having a wonderful beginning to 2012!

Happy stampin' and scrappin'!

Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment