Cookie Consent



Monday, August 13, 2012

CardMaker Magazine "Treat Yourself" cardmaking crop....continued

Hi friends and family...................

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It's nice to have some cooler weather.....makes it more enjoyable to be outside and enjoy the summer that is much to fast coming to an end.  BUT then we come to my favorite time of the year....FALL.
A time of vibrant, rich colors, crisp air, sparkling blue skies, the smell of burning leaves, the sound of crunching leaves beneath the feet..........ahhhhh.......

I have been busy working on the challenges for the CardMaker Magazine card crop over the weekend.   I have six more challenges to complete over the next couple of days and I am aiming to complete all of them by the deadline.  There are prizes that will be given away through a drawing for each challenge completed.  Elmer, as in the glue company, is providing all of the prizes. 

So here are the next set of three challenges:

 This challenge was to create a background by inking an embossing folder and running it through the embosser.  I love the way this turned out!  I made the flower out of circles by folding them into thirds creating a point at one end.  I attached them to another circle for the base.  I then added the brad, inked the edges and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The "frame" around the embossed layer is orange and brown cardstock that I distressed.  I added some of my handmade leaves and there you are, my inked embossed card!
 This challenge was to create a "treat basket".  I used the template that was provided by the hostess for this challenge.  I stamped and "fussy" cut out the witch, bat, pumpkins, cat and broom.  Since the theme of this crop is "Treat Yourself", I put my chocolate in it and will keep it on my shelf in my craft room.  :-)  YUMMMMMMMM..........
This last challenge was to create a candy wrapper.  I cut a piece of desert sand cardstock just a bit longer then the candy bar and punched the ends.  I then ran it through the embosser using the pumpkin embossing folder and lightly sanded it to bring out the design.  (Close To My Heart cardstock has a white core which makes it possible to do this technique.)  I then made an orange flower out of punched scalloped circles and finally made the tag.  For the tag I stamped with clear Staz On embossing medium and then used clear embossing powder to create a clear design.  Then I rubbed the chocolate ink pad over the tag to bring out the design.  I added some ribbon and again some of my handmade leaves for a fall themed candy wrapper.

So off to complete more of the challenges. 

I hope you are having a scrappin' good day!

You can "make my day" by letting me know you stopped by.....just leave a comment by clinking on "comment" below....it's right in front of the pencil.  THANKS!

No comments :

Post a Comment